Monday, May 18, 2009

10th stage: Melide - Pedrouzo (Arca) (33 km)

After the very hard day before I was willing to let the others go on, walking the rest of the distance in 2 days, while I would only do the 15 km to Arzúa and take 3 days instead. But surprisingly my knees were much better. As we arrived Arzúa, I decided to go on, but I wanted to be prepared well, if the pain would return. So I plundered the Froiz supermarket, bought a lot of sweets for my nerves to keep being motivated on this gray and rainy day. A couple of times we put on our ponchos and took them off a few minutes later, because the rain stopped immediately. One time it seemed like a one minute cloudburst. Considering that the whole distance that day was much more "short" than the days before, we were walking quite fast and were arriving Arca exhausted but without enormous pain. In the evening, we met Jeordie again. Every single day he was the first leaving the hostel to be at the finish in the early afternoon. Because of his fast walking his nickname was roadrunner ("meep meep"). There was a supermarket right next to the pilgrim's hostel, so we decided to stay there and make dinner on our own, respectively the women liked to do it for us. ;-) Once again an unbelievable situation for me. 3 days before these lovely women had been strangers to me and then they involved me, who didn't understand any Spanish word. Kind of magnanimous! In the end we had a very relaxing evening and collected our strength for the last day.


Fernando and Anna

cooking dinner

the longed for dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment