Saturday, May 16, 2009

6th stage: Villarfranca del Bierzo - O Cebreiro (29 km)

The last stage before entering Galicia led me/us to the faraway mountain village O Cebreiro on 1250 m. In the morning I started alone, because I wanted to walk my own tempo in order to go easy on my knees. For the same reason I decided to take the flat way along the street to Trabadello, while almost all of the rest of the group walked the "Camino duro" and straggled through the mountains. As I was having a break I once again met Hong San and we walked together to the Brasilian hostel, where he wanted to spend the night in. He got problems with his foot the days before, so he didn't thought he was capable to handle the last long and hard rise to O Cebreiro. I was in a better constitution as in the morning, so we bid farewell to each other and I left up the hill towards O Cebreiro. It was a very warm and sunny day. My knee was getting better and better as I met the Mexican guy, Pablo, again, who seemed to take a break, while enjoying the gorgeous landscape. We walked the last kilometers together to the remote village and arrived as the first in the new and very neat pilgrim's hostel. Later we had some beers outside of a bar, while watching the others passing by exhausted and discussing everything under the sun.


Landscape near O Cebreiro

Landscape near O Cebreiro

No comments:

Post a Comment